Sure selling your diamond online is a convenient way to do business, but is it really the best? There are lots of companies to choose from and they pop up out of no where and advertise all over the country getting the public to send in their jewelry.
I have always found that selling your jewelry in person should be the best and first option. You eliminate the risk to having to ship it to another state to have someone tell you what its worth. These companies offer free shipping but their costs add up and its reflected in their low offer. Others offer online auctions and try to set the bar low for expectations on value.
Meeting with a local knowledgeable and highly rated diamond buyer will ensure that you are getting top dollar for your diamond and payment at time of sale. Here are some pros and cons to selling jewelry to online companies.
- It's easy to get a label and send your item off
- You just wait for an offer and accept or reject it.
- You can get your item sent back
- It requires blind trust to a corporation with no brick & mortar presence
- You have to ship your items
- Some companies greatly lower your expectations on an auction so you will accept the results.
- They quoted a higher price than they offered. This can be a tactic used to get you to send your diamond and when it is viewed, there might be discrepancies or issues that crop up.
- They won't accept anything under a 1 ct center stone and if they do it will have a much higher fee attached.
For those that are local to Kansas City and need a trusted Diamond and Jewelry Buyer, please give us a call or set a time to bring your items in. Joseph Diamonds is a highly rated and trusted jewelry buyer in the Kansas City area.
We are not limited to just diamonds! We buy luxury watches, precious metals, and fine gems too.
For more details contact us at 913-242-7150 or visit www.josephdiamonds.com